Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours of operation?
-We are open from 9 am to sundown daily weather permitting. Please keep in mind all of our equipment is due back at sundown. If the weather conditions are unsafe such as high winds, thunder, or lighting we are unable to send out any of our equipment.
2. How old/and or tall do you have to be to ride on the back of a jet ski?
-The passenger must be 45 inches tall which allows their feet to touch footwells on the watercraft.
3. If I have a Boaters Safety License am I required to watch the safety video?
-If you have your Boaters Safety License in any state you do not need to watch the video. However, you must bring your Boaters Safety License with you. We have no way of looking it up.
4. How old do you have to be to drive a jet ski?
-You must be 16 with your parent's signature to operate a jet ski and have a valid piece of identification. Some pieces of identification include a birth certificate, driver's permit, or school i.d.
5. How old do you have to be to drive a boat?
-You must be 18 to operate a boat and have a valid piece of identification.
6. What do I need to bring to operate equipment at Port Erie Sports?
-You need to bring a valid piece of identification and a major debit or credit card in case of any damages.
7. Am I able to reserve a jet ski?
-Unfortunately, our jet skis are first come first serve. We have about 14 jet ski’s that run all day in and out.
8. Am I able to reserve a boat?
-Yes, you can reserve a boat online. Call us with any questions or concerns.
9. What is your cancelation policy if I have a reservation?
-We have a 24-hour cancelation policy. If you need to cancel, you MUST give us a 24-hour notice else you will be charged for the rental.
10. Why do I need to arrive 45 minutes prior to my reservation?
-We need you to arrive 45 minutes prior to your rental so we can fill out paperwork, have the operators watch a safety video, and give a safety run down before we can let you out on the water. If you arrive late it will run into your own rental time.
11. If I rented a boat can we bring food/ and or drinks.
-You can bring anything you would like onboard the boat! However, peanuts and sunflower seeds are NOT allowed they will clog the vessel's bilge pump. We ask that you clean up after yourself. If the boat is left very dirty you can be charged a $50 fee. Keep in mind drivers can get a BUI on the water if they choose to bring alcohol.
12. I have my own life jacket am I able to wear it.
-Yes, you can wear your own life jacket as long as it says U.S. Coast Guard Approved!
13. Do children have to wear a life jacket on a boat?
-Children ages 12 and under must wear a life jacket on at ALL times.
14. How much is Gas?
-All our boats are $25 an hour on top of the rental fee for gas. However, all of our pontoons are $12 an hour for gas.
15. Can we rent a tube? Can I bring my own tube?
-Yes, we have tubes that pull behind boats available for rental. The tubes will not be reserved, and we try to keep enough on hand for all of our boats that are able to pull a tube. Renters are not able to bring their own because of insurance reasons.
16. Do you sell bait?
-Unfortunately, we do not sell bait.
17. Can we rent water skis? Can I bring my own water skis?
-Unfortunately, we do not rent water skis. Renters are not able to bring their own because of insurance reasons.